Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A lighter version of red

A little while ago I went putt-putt golfing with a few friends. We had previously decided that it was going to be the guys versus the girls, 3 on 3, winner takes all.

At first I had to convince everyone that using the ladies golf clubs was the right way to go. No joke! Mainly because men tend to get crazy and their clubs get dinged up more often. After convincing my team to go that route, they thought I was crazy for teeing up the pink ball out of all the colors there were to choose from. “It’s too feminine,” they said. I tried to explain that as dark as it was outside, I’d probably be able to find my ball easier than any of them could (in the event I decided to drive it off course, out of frustration or something). Low and behold the pink ball saved the day. We were even going down the final stretch when I hit a hole-in-one, which ricocheted off a tunnel and careened down a small bend before banking off a set of bricks and into the hole. We won by one stroke. Never let anyone tell you the pink ball is for girls, because having the pink ball is intimidating. Seriously, no one wants to lose to you when you have it! : )

No comments: